Accounts & Audit Semi Senior or Senior
We are a small, modern accountancy practice based in Sevenoaks. Due to continued organic growth and expansion, we have a vacancy for an audit and accounts senior to provide exceptional audit and assurance services to our clients. This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious audit and accounts senior who has a genuine interest in pursuing a career in practice. The role offers variety, flexibility, autonomy and excellent internal progression opportunities for a proactive candidate willing to go the extra mile.
About the candidate – Essential minimum requirements:
- Part – qualified or Qualified ACA/ACCA or QBE
- At least two years’ experience working in a practice
- Understanding of Charity SORP requirements
- Preparing financial statements to a high quality
- Ability to efficiently supervise juniors and manage a small audit team
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong attention to detail
- Good (formal and informal) written English
- Reliable, organised and able to meet deadlines
- Car driver
Desirable but not essential:
- Ability to use Mercia audit work programmes
- Ability to prepare accounts for Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies
Job Specification – Main responsibilities include:
- Preparing financial statements of small and large organisations
- Independent examination of charity accounts
- Undertaking audit assignments from planning to completion
- Preparing working papers to a high standard
- Supervising and training junior staff
- Preparing management accounts and other reports
- Ensuring deadlines and budgets are adhered to
- Using various cloud-based software including QuickBooks and Xero.
- Liaising with clients on all assignments
- Perform other job-related duties as necessary
If you are keen to secure a progressive Audit Senior role within a unique specialist firm offering a great career progression, please apply today to find out more.
Please send your CV, with a cover note stating the current salary and explaining why you’re suitable for the role.
Job Types: Permanent Full-time. It could be part-time for the right candidate.
Bookkeeping and Accounting Intern
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain practical bookeeping and accountancy experience with an AAT Accredited Employer for a candidate having a genuine interest in pursuing a career in accountancy.
The firm uses latest cloud based accounting and tax software and offer a very dynamic environment.
Since you will be working for a small practice, you will get a chance to have hands-on experience with all round tasks involved in bookkeeping and accounting.
About the candidate:
– working toward AAT Level 2 or 3 qualification
– basic knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting
– strong attention to detail
– good (formal and informal) command of English language with excellent telephone manner
– IT literate, skilled in Excel and capable of learning new software quickly
– reliable, organised and able to meet deadlines
– Bookkeeping on Excel, Quickbooks, Xero and VT in house and clients’ premises
– Bank reconciliation on each of the software above
– Liaising with clients to resolve bookkeeping queries
– Process Payroll
– Preparing trial balance and working papers
– Preparing annual accounts
– Tax Returns/ CT600
– VAT returns
– Exposure to various cloud based software including Quickbooks & Xero
Please send your CV, with cover note explaining why you’re suitable for/want the role.
Job Types: Full-time, Internship, Permanent